New Blog, New Book

January 16, 2014 · 16 comments

Post image for New Blog, New Book

Happy New Year! I’m praying that 2014 would be a year of rejoicing for you– as you remember daily the apex of God’s grace: the gospel.

2013 was a fun year and a surprising year for me– full of babies, actually. Brand new church plants were “born” where we live in the Middle East, my book Glimpses of Grace (a “baby” of sorts) was released through Crossway, and our fourth child was born after a surprise labour. In all the fun and surprises it was a year overflowing with God’s abounding mercy.

So, the title of this post is “New Blog, New Book.” Domestic Kingdom was started in Summer 2011; since that time over 350 articles were written by about twenty different women. We aimed at hitting this bull’s eye in every post: applying the gospel to the mundane moments of life. I have truly loved writing, editing, and building relationships with writers and readers. But the time has come for this blog to retire.

However, my energy and enthusiasm for writing, editing, and building relationships with writers and readers have not retired. I’ll still be doing all of those things through other venues.

Here’s the [bullet-point] scoop:

• Old blog. The days are numbered for this blog. Domestic Kingdom will be around for a little while longer so you can access the archives and the excellent content produced by a community of writers. No new articles will appear here, and I’ll give a “heads up” on DK’s Facebook page when the site is about to be unplugged.
  • New blog! You can find me at GloriaFurman.com, blogging about similar content that you’ve read here plus more. If you’ve been reading DK through a feedburner don’t forget to add my new blog to your list.
  • Editing. As far as editing goes, I’m throwing my editorial energy into working on new resources written by women via this thrilling new partnership between Crossway and TGC. One new book is already underway and with God’s help many more will be materializing in the future.
  • New book! I’ve written a book about motherhood and the gospel. On March 31st Crossway is releasing Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full: Gospel Meditations for Busy Moms. You can read more about it here.
  • See you soon? I’ve already talked to several of you who are planning to be in attendance at The Gospel Coalition Women’s conference in June. I’ll be leading a breakout session called “Missional Motherhood” and a panel on teaching our children about Jesus. Will I get to meet you in Florida?
Don’t forget to add my new blog to your feedburner and surf the archives here on Domestic Kingdom for a little while longer. Thank you for your friendship, dear reader!

1 Tim January 16, 2014 at 10:42 pm

I’m heading over to the new blog now, Gloria, and looking forward to your new book too!

2 Gloria January 17, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Thanks Tim!!

3 Kasey January 17, 2014 at 12:34 am

Love the new blog!

4 Gloria January 17, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Thank you, Kasey! I very much respect your opinion about blogs. You’ve been in blogland for years!

5 Whitney January 17, 2014 at 11:33 am

For a while, I was afraid DK had just dropped off the planet. I’m so glad you’re going to continue blogging and encouraging and sharing the Gospel with us. :)

6 Gloria January 17, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Whitney, your comment made me laugh out loud! This blog had been sorely neglected in recent weeks. DK will remain on the planet for a few more months. :)

7 ANA January 18, 2014 at 3:08 am

QUERIDA GLORIA:TE SALUDO DESDE BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA CON LA PAZ DE NUESTRO SEÑOR Y SALVADOR JESUCRISTO. ES LA PRIMERA VEZ QUE OIGO TU NOMBRE A TRAVES DEL BLOG DE UNA FAMILIA CRISTIANA, ME INTERESARIA SABER SI TU LIBRO VISLUMBRE DE GRACIA ESTA TRADUCIDO AL ESPAÑOL, O SI SE PUEDE CONSEGUIR EN MI PAIS, CUANTO SERIA EL PRECIO DEL MISMO? ME GUSTARIA QUE ME CONTESTES POR FAVOR. RECIBE BENDICIONES.

8 Gloria January 19, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Hola Ana, gracias por escribirme. “Vislumbres de la Gracia” no se traduce en español todavía. Pero espero que algún día lo será. “WWW.BOOKDEPOSITORY.COM” vende el libro y el envío es gratuito. Lo siento, no puedo ayudarte más. ¡Salud! Gloria

9 Caro April 5, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Hola Ana yo tambien soy de buenos aires, y estoy leyendo el libro, yo lo estoy leyendo en kindle. Bendiciones.
Caro

10 Aimee Byrd January 18, 2014 at 5:29 am

Thanks for all the work you’ve put into DK for all your readers, Gloria. Look forward to sharing your new book with all my mommy friends.

11 Gloria January 19, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Thanks Aimee!!

12 Betsy January 22, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Hi Gloria! I’m so glad to hear about your new blog. Headed there right now. I’ve missed Domestic Kingdom by the way, kept checking back to see if you’d posted anything I missed, so today was a nice surprise I LOVE the title of your new book, by the way. God’s blessing on your new endeavors!

13 Gloria January 22, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Betsy! And sorry for the delay– DK was sorely neglected over the holidays and while we traveled to the States for Cross Con. Re: the book title– I suppose the title says it all!

14 Marjorie February 5, 2014 at 1:38 am

Querida Gloria,
que gusto poder saludarte, he estado tratando de comunicarme contigo para pedirte de manera formal tu autorización para traducir los artículos que subes a tu blog al español. En Chile, estamos con un equipo levantando una plataforma web de recursos cristianos para la iglesia de habla hispana llamada “Acceso Directo” y deseamos que mujeres cristianas que no hablan inglés puedan tener acceso a tus artículos. Tenemos un equipo de buenos traductores que harán este trabajo y respetarán la autoría de cada entrada del blog. Un fuerte abrazo. Marjorie